Behind British Mermaid: Random Facts About Me08:29
I always think that one of the most important things about running a blog of any kind is building up a personal relationship with the people who read it. My favourite blogs are ones where I feel like I really know and understand the person behind the words and pictures on my laptop screen, be it through their writing style or how their personality comes through in their photographic or fashion style. Although I show you a lot of who I am as a person through the things that I wear, I thought it might be a fun post idea to tell you 50 random facts about me so you can get to know and understand me a bit better. I really want you to feel like my blog is a personal, happy and warm place which is like reading something a close friend has written and I hope this post will give you some insight into my (sometimes crazy) life!
1. I'm 20 years old and my birthday is on the 4th of December.
2. I'm half Northern Irish and half Scottish but have lived in Hertfordshire, England my whole life so I don't have the accent.
3. My Hogwarts house is Slytherin.
4. My all time favourite foods are macarons, halloumi cheese, hummus and Oreo milkshakes - if you prepare me a feast involving these, I'll love you long time.
5. I have a scar on my forehead from when I cracked my head open on the desk of a fabric shop aged 6!
6. My favourite place in the world is Disneyland Paris and I've visited there 4 times.
7. I've performed in the West End twice, aged 8 and 10.
8. My favourite colours are baby pink, lilac and silver!
9. Once I had a birthday party on a bus which is probably the most 90s/early 00s thing ever! Haha
10. Once when I was on holiday in Portugal I got swept up in a wave and could've got washed out to sea, luckily my dad saved me! My mum still doesn't know about this...
11. I'm very open about the fact that I struggle with mental illness and I hope that one day I can help others that suffer.
12. My dream career is to be either a fashion journalist and presenter, a radio DJ or a museum curator - though I've always wanted to work in the theatre.
13. I used to play the flute, drums, piano and saxophone but was terrible at them all!
14. I've been dying my hair for 6 years and have been red, ginger, lilac, half turquoise, pink and blonde.
15. Once I randomly met Martin Freeman on Carnaby Street where he was chatting to Warwick Davis - best. moment. ever.
16. I have no piercings, not even my ears!
17. My all time favourite Disney characters are Tinker Bell, Stitch and the Aristocats.
18. I can't ride a bike!
19. I once broke my collarbone by falling out of a very low bed - which is kind of embarrassing! haha
20. I'm a non identical twin.
21. I'm definitely a city person and would love to live in London one day.
22. My dream is to visit all the Disney parks in the world!
23. As well as Disney I love all animated films, especially Shrek 2.
24. I had a huuuge anime phase when I was a preteen and used to cosplay at conventions!
25. I had an undercut for three years which longtime readers may remember.
26. I'm hugely phobic of scary and violent movies so I have to check the IMDB Parents Guide before I watch anything.
27. One of my proudest achievements is running the Race For Life aged 17 in memory of my granddad who passed from cancer.
28. My favourite items in my wardrobe are my American Apparel tennis skirts, my Unif Frost sweater and my pastel blue fluffy jacket.
29. I can't drive.
30. I'm a huge planner and list person - I have so many notes on my iPhone with random lists on everything and anything!
31. I collect a lot of Disney merch, my main collections at the moment being Tsum Tsums, pins, snow globes and Funko Pop figures.
32. I'm fascinated by fan and "geek" culture and love watching documentaries about the topic.
33. I have a weird crush on Louis Theroux!
34. I used to have pet Giant African Snails.
35. I'm working on changing to a vegetarian lifestyle at some point in the near future.
36. I have two best friends; Aimee who I've known since I was 5 and Emily who I met in my first year of university.
37. I hate camping and have never been to a festival longer than a day!
38. I'm terrified of moths.
39. My favourite subjects at school were English Literature and Media Studies.
40. My middle name is Arran which is technically a male name, however I was named after a Scottish island.
41. I say the word "oven" weird and everyone takes the mickey out of me for it haha
42. I have a not-so secret love of musicals, old and new!
43. I worked at my local radio station last year and the first time I got to speak live on air, I accidentally swore... oops.
44. I love St Pancras station in London more than most places in the city and I have no idea why.
45. I have many nicknames and they're basically all puns (Carack Obama, Carzipan... the list goes on)
46. My favourite fashion houses and designers are Saint Laurent, Valentino, Ashish, Clio Peppiatt and Moschino.
47. I own two cats named Link and Ziggy and a dog named Blaze.
48. I'm a massive cat lady... sorry dog fans.
49. I have no tattoos.
50. My ultimate style crush is Cher Horowitz from Clueless <3
I hope you enjoyed this post and that you feel like you know me a bit better! I'd love to know one random fact about you in the comments and I hope that your day is going well xo